Get toned right where you are.
In an ideal world, we’d all be able to put aside time every day to go to the gym and tone that body. But enter reality and we’re too tired to wake up earlier than needed, our lunch breaks turn into speed eating at our desks, and come the afternoon, all we want to do is go home, pour a glass of wine and turn on Netflix. Ain’t nobody got time for the gym…until now.
This simple seven step routine will help you tone up without having to leave your desk. Yep, no excuses now ladies (we know you’ll secretly be thanking us when summer comes).
- Get yourself a mini band like this one. It goes around your ankles or knees to help tone your thighs and butt.
- To use at your desk – place mini band above the knees and do 20 squats – pushing the knees out into the band on each rep
- Then lie down on the floor in a ‘clam’ position. Open the knees, keeping the ankles together for 20 reps, the band adds extra resistance
- Then lift the whole leg as one, ankle and knee, for another 20 reps, you should really feel the burn now!
- While you are down there, turn over and do 20 dynamic pushups. This is where you begin in a hand plank position and then drop down to your elbows before coming back up to your hands. Alternate which are you lead with so you would do 10 reps on each side.
- Repeat your mini band sequence on the other side.
- Come back up to standing and finish with 20 hand walk outs.
Repeat the sequence 3-5 times or time permitting!
Tegan Haining is a celebrity trainer and the author of the 7-Day Quickie.