When it comes to hair, it’s our crowning glory. Our readers know that and have shared some of their tips for solutions, styles, and best of all, shine! When hair is healthy, it’s beautiful. Nourish it, care for it, pamper it. You will be rewarded with gorgeous bouncy hair as an extension of yourself.
- Every night before going to bed, put some pure virgin coconut oil on your hair. Wash the morning after. If you don’t have coco oil, any baby oil will do. I suggest you do this after you’ve just taken a bath over towel dried hair. Works well with damp hair. Jonathan – Manila, Philippines
- Forget those pricey dandruff shampoos, all you need is mouthwash! It works wonders. April
- Before swimming in chlorine, rinse hair with clean water first. Since hair is similar to a sponge, the clean water will be absorbed into your hair and it will make it harder for the chlorine to stick to it. Caryn
- If you like to swim, squeeze a lemon into your daily shampoo and shampoo as normal. If you have blonde hair this will really help to keep all the green out! Amilie
- If your hair is dull, mix 1/3 cup vodka with 1/3 cup of your favorite shampoo. Wash and rinse as usual and get ready for the shiniest hair ever. Vanessa
- After you have washed your hair, rinse it in stale beer. It can be refrigerated or room temperature. Gives hair a silky soft feel, vibrant shine and leaves it tangle-free. Vanessa
- After washing your hair with shampoo, apply a few drops of lemon in your hair and massage well. Rinse your hair after 2-3 minutes and see how shiny your hair looks! It will also remove dandruff from your hair. Haya H
- Washing the hair with a weak solution of common salt cleans the scalp, cures dandruff and prevents hair loss. Nikhat F
- How to lighten your hair with less damage!
Currently, it is in style to have lighter hair, or “streaks.” Dying your hair can be expensive and damaging. A simple solution that’s kinda gross, but works! Put lemon in your hair!
Instructions: Cut a fresh lemon in half an squeeze the juice over your hair (seeds don’t matter) Then sit out in the sun, from 30-45 minutes. After your hair will be sticky and matted. Yuck! So you need to take a shower. (Conditioner helps to detangle your matted hair) After your hair dries, you will have a subtle change in your hair for the “lighter.” Renee – Sacramento, California
- For all of you African-American curly-heads with super , super short hair:
This is a perfect recipe for everyday styling for natural or textured hair: Rinse hair completely and remain dripping wet. Put a nickel-size amount of Nexus Exxtra Gel in palm, mix with a tiny bit of pomade to soften – rub together and scrunch in hair – let dry naturally or dry with diffuser. Results: A shiny mass of defined, separated curls that looks fabulous. Bernice Johnson – Charlottesville, VA