Women’s Fashion Trends for Spring & Summer
There’s excitement in the air every spring when new fashions emerge and help us brush off the winter doldrums. What’s interesting this year are some versatile styles that fit in perfectly with a tight budget. Nowadays, you need to be a smart shopper and choose clothing that will mix and match with what’s already in your closet.
Although there’s fewer indulgences, this season’s fashion trends for spring and summer are a whole lotta fun. Celebrities know that vintage is where it’s at and that’s why you see them wearing an array of garments that appear to be one-of-a-kind. Peasant blouses, classic dresses, trousers, and handbags are a steal at secondhand shops. Besides that, you’ll see many new trends that are turning heads yet have affordable price tags.
- Colors making a splash this spring are orange, aqua, and sunny yellow. Purple beats out red as the top, hot color that will surely get you noticed.
- The palette for formalwear offers up powdery pastels and classy, ever-so-trendy silver, gold, and white so you can dress up in style. Teens are lovin’ these colors for prom!
- Silver and gray replace black for warm weather neutrals. Whether matte or metallic, these two colors add dimension to otherwise solid styles.
- If you’re partial to black, forgo the monochrome look and pair it up with white for a current color combo.
- Classic tan and military green go great together, not only for solid pieces but for the very trendy camouflage styles as well. Whatever your choice, these colors need simple accessories such as a belt or gold chain.
Styles and Patterns
- Fashion trends for woman this summer will showcase frilly and feminine styles with sheer fabrics and lace accents. In addition to playing peek-a-boo, we’re seeing exposed midriffs as shirts go shorter. Proceed with caution.
- Sleeves take a backseat to this year’s sleeveless, off-the-shoulder, and cutout designs — making shoulders a perfect place for a light dusting of bronzing powder.
- Shirt dresses are flirty and give you lots of movement on a spring day or hot summer night. Floral and playful prints add a variety of color and can help you look just a bit younger.
- Fashionable, military inspired clothing shows your support and is an instant hit for casual wear. Take your pick from light, cotton cargos, camouflage, walking shorts, and belted jackets.
- Every woman should have at least one classic, white, button down shirt. Vintage or not, these shirts will go with just about anything and adjust easily to work or play.
- Bring out your animal instinct with giraffe, ostrich, or leopard prints. To avoid looking like you’re part of the safari, pick patterns wisely and pair with solid colors. If that’s still a bit too much, limit the prints to shoes, a belt, or handbag.
- All-in-one outfits take the guesswork out of matching separates. Look for one-piece styles such as cropped pantsuits and jumpsuits that will look great with different styles of shoes.
Fashion Accessories, Jewelry, and Shoes
- Just a few valuable accessories are all you need. Belts, sashes, and head scarves are abundant this spring and work well in moderation.
- Gold is making a comeback, revealing itself in gold-silver combos in jewelry. Great for the girl who can’t decide, she can have both at once!
- Cuff styles are in for watches and bracelets. Too bulky for you? Wear just the right amount of bangle bracelets to complete your ensemble.
- Size counts when it comes to handbags. Many celebrities prefer leather carryalls and designer tote bags to lug around their worldly possessions. The extra space is handy for new celebrity moms who refuse to forgo fashion to practicality.
- The runway is showing shoes that have substance with more sole and heel, which elongates legs and adds height. High heels and weaved wedges are a just the thing for summer, casual and dressy all at once.
- For those who prefer flats and a very trendy style, opt for those with pointy toes. Want to be a tad more conservative? Choose flat sandals in neutral colors that will go with just about anything. Strappy sandals are always fun for long weekend getaways.